Anxiety, and worry are a normal part of anyone’s average day. Just because you are experiencing anxiety does not mean that you have an anxiety disorder. Anxiety is your brains way of warning you that you are in a dangerous or difficult situation. So in a sense, some anxiety is good because it warns us of upcoming difficulties, and that allows us to prepare for them.
Your anxiety might be in need of some help if it is chronic, or if it is interfering with your daily life. Some of the most commonly reported signs of anxiety are:
- Muscle Tension, Physical Weakness, Poor Memory
- Sweaty Hands, Fear or Confusion, Inability to Relax
- Constant Worry, Shortness of Breath, Heart Palpitations
- Upset Stomach, Poor Concentration
If you or someone you know are experiencing any of these symptoms and it is causing negative interference within your life, Footnotes can help you get a grip on your anxiety, as well as help you effectively manage your realities so you can start to enjoy your life again!
Most people occasionally feel sad, or down. These feelings are usually short lived, and are out of our lives within a couple of days. If you have depression it can interfere with your life on a daily basis, and it causes pain for you as well as others who care about you. A lot of people who have a depressive illness do not seek treatment.
This is unfortunate because with the right treatments, things can get better! Some of the commonly reported symptoms of depression are as follows:
- Persistent Sad, Anxious, or Empty Feelings
- Feelings of Hopelessness, Pessimism, Guilt, Worthlessness, Helplessness
- Irritability, Restlessness, Fatigue, Decreased Energy
- Loss of Interest in Activities or Hobbies once pleasurable
- Difficulty Concentrating, Remembering Details, Making Decisions
- Sleep difficulties, Appetite Changes, Aches or Pains
- Thoughts of Suicide, Suicide Attempts
If you or someone you know are experiencing any of these symptoms and are desiring to effectively manage your emotions, Footnotes can help!